One of the biggest mistakes I think people make in business is witholding information for fear of “rocking the boat” or disturbing the status quo. Luckily I’ve had family and friends commit their insight no matter if it would be well received or not. In that spirit here is some advice I have for some well know web apps.
- Fix (IE. Monetize) your 404 page. WTF is wrong with you, I just made you millions.
Make it so when you tag someone the casing doesn’t convert to lowercase. That’s annoying.
- Wish I could copy and paste the username from the header of the direct message modal window.
- Why can’t I change the name of the url manually, using the top line is a bad idea for a few reasons.
- Add optional markdown support for those of us who want it, I can’t be the only one.
- Let me add notes to specific people from within the pad which sends them an email, like so:
# @firstname.lastname@example.org check this out blah blah blah
Normal hackpad area something important etc...
/* @email@example.com @firstname.lastname@example.org
Hackpad hit me up on twitter right away!
@montanaflynn Thanks for the feedback!
— hackpad (@hackpad) February 15, 2013
Twitter fixed the issue, now fixing the capitalization of usernames wont waste precious seconds of my time. I’m not saying it’s cus of this post, but I did follow and tweet a bunch of the engineers.
Google? Google? Google? Hire me and I’ll spend more time on google plus.